Wednesday, February 13, 2008

12.4 Pounds Gone!



As of today, I have released 12.4 pounds eating raw and living foods. I am really enjoying it so far. It is completely different this time around. So far, by the grace of God, I have felt very few temptations. The few I have experienced were very mild, and really only because I let myself get incredibly hungry. But I really don't feel any urge to eat cooked foods. They don't look that enticing, and it's not even a real consideration. That stuff is junk, it is poison, and I don't need it. What's more is, I don't want it!

Even the other day, when I was having a major mood swing (hello, Mr. Detox!) and feeling so upset and overwhelmed emotionally, I didn't turn to eating. Believe it or not, the thought never crossed my mind!!! People, do you know how amazing that is?! Usually I have to fight the urge to just grab something and stuff my mouth, or drive to the nearest fast food place, or go to the store and buy whatever junk I am craving. And sometimes I don't bother to fight it...I just tell myself I don't care, I want it, and I'm going to have it. Because you can't cry while you're eating, right? So momentarily, I would feel better.

Well, not this time! It did cross my mind that one glass of organic sulfite-free wine sounded pretty good, but eating in order to stuff down my emotions--even eating raw food--didn't occur to me. Instead, I cried for a few minutes, calmed myself down pretty quick, and fell asleep for a half hour. Now THAT is progress! Just one more thing that proves to me how amazing raw food is. And how merciful and wonderful God is for revealing this delicious, natural way of eating. I truly believe this is how He intended for us to eat.

I am so grateful to have found this lifestyle, and I know it will change my life dramatically. It already has! I just can't wait to start my children on raw. We just need to get over this financial hump, and the whole family will be raw.

My husband is doing fabulous on this diet. I think he's lost around fifteen pounds. He hasn't cheated once, and he is very committed to doing this for the whole month of February. He plans to re-evaluate after that. I hope he sticks with it. He has been tempted, but I don't think it's been too bad for him. He's already received comments at work about having lost some weight.

I don't know if my loss is showing yet. It seemed like I might have looked a bit different in the mirror. I think my face might be a bit thinner, probably from water loss. I haven't had much for detox symptoms, except a sore back one day, a few moods swings, the teensiest bit of nausea one day, and the mildest of headaches once or twice. I almost worry that I'm eating a tiny bit of cooked food, unknowingly. I'm not eating Larabars anymore, because I found out some of the bars are not 100% raw, even though the packaging implies that they are. It's pretty bad when even raw foodists become liars just to grab a few more dollars--shame on you, Larabar! I'm going to make my own version of the Larabars. It will probably taste better anyway.

One thing I'm noticing is the last few days my insomnia has gotten worse, rather than better. I expected to need less sleep, but I didn't expect to be up until five, six or even seven a.m.!

I'm still adjusting to having to think ahead and prepare things. Dehydrating takes forever, and a lot of the better recipes require it.

No comments: