Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day 5

I'm still having weird dreams, though I slept better last night. I woke at 7 a.m, and couldn't get back to sleep because of stuff I was worried about (I only went to bed at 3 a.m.). I weight myself, and had gained .6 of a pound AGAIN!! Well, I wasn't going to worry about it. I know if I don't sleep as much, I don't lose. Weird, huh? That we lose weight while we sleep. I tried not to worry. I knew if I got more sleep, the scale would probably change. I might not end up having lost any weight, but I hoped at least the .6 pound would disappear.

My hopes were realized after I went back to bed and got 3.5 hours more sleep. When I awoke and weighed myself, not only was the .6 pound gone, but I'd also LOST 1.2 pounds! Yaaaayy! So I'm at 268.8 again. Hopefully, I will never see the 270's again. I was hoping to have lost 10 pounds at one week raw. I know it was asking a lot, but it looks very possible. I would have to lose 1.4 pounds tomorrow and the next day. So it may not happen, but I'm sure I'll get to nine pounds at least. I expected that much, and I'll be thrilled if I get it.

I really can't wait to say goodbye to the 260's. I was stuck at 260 for quite a while, bouncing around and ending up there every time. Then I gained even more, which was horrible! So getting below 260 and staying below that will be a great accomplishment.

I had no back pain last night or today, though I found myself in a foul mood this evening. Partly because the kids were acting up, but I think part of it could be detox. I was really overreacting, I think. Poor kids, I'll be glad to be out of detox, so I can be a nice mom!

My husband is down to 271-point-something today. Don't remember exactly how much, but he's catching up to me. I don't want my husband to weigh less than me! It's hard enough to weigh more than your husband, but when you consider that he's a foot taller than me? Ouch. But I'm so happy he's doing this with me. It makes all the difference.

I made some of Alissa Cohen's salsa the other night. I was short on tomatoes, but it was still great. I'm going to try to make some flax crackers tonight, so I can have more salsa. Yummy!
I'm also going to try to make a chocolate pudding tonight, although I expect it to be grainy--I don't have cacao powder yet, so I have to grind cacao nibs, and they never come out very fine. I'll make it with avocado and banana and agave.

My husband made fried chicken for the kids today. He's trying to use up the cooked food until we have enough money to transition them on raw. My children really love raw food, and I feel guilty telling them no, this food is for us. But we don't have a choice. Money is tight right now, and we couldn't possibly afford to feed them all raw. They each eat way more than even I do, when it is raw food. And there's four of them! (Baby isn't on solids yet.) Even though I want them on raw, I know it is important for me to get healthy so that I can be a good mom. Hopefully we can start them on raw soon. I do give them some raw food with each meal when we're not dead broke and running low...like we are today. *sigh* Well, I can only console myself with the knowledge that they'll be on raw food as soon as possible.

No comments: